If you’re interested in jumping on the green smoothie bandwagon, but can’t get over the green appearance, I may have a solution for you.
But first, here are a few reasons why I think juicing is awesome:
- It’s a great way to add nutrients to your overall diet.
- It’s a great way to consume fruits and veggies you wouldn’t normally eat.
- It’s a great way to get rid of produce that might otherwise spoil.
Let’s get juiced up….
- A handful of your favorite green (I use spinach, but you can use kale, swiss chard, collard greens, etc.) I prefer spinach when trying to mask the “green” flavor. Spinach is also very soft compared to kale, so I find it easiest to blend.
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 4-5 Louisiana strawberries washed, but you can leave the stems on (Strawberries are in season now! Shop local)
- 1 tablespoon organic flax seed or chia seeds
- the juice from 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 14 ounces of water
Add all the ingredients into a blender layered in the order listed (I use a NurtiBullet, but this can be done in any blender). Add water. Blend for 45 seconds.
Your drink should look like this:
Although I think juicing is awesome, I in no way shape or form would EVER promote “juicing” as someones primary source of calories and/or a juice cleanse.